Lutz Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
Large commercial vehicles routinely travel through our area and can pose major risks to motorists. Tractor-trailer accidents in Lutz are common and often result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries.
As an experienced Lutz truck accident lawyer, Florin Gray provides the comprehensive legal service needed by clients in these cases. Our smaller caseloads allow for a more hands-on approach. You can count on us to thoroughly investigate, determine how your accident happened, and who is liable. The following details some of the leading causes of tractor-trailer accidents in Lutz.
The Risks Associated With Tractor-Trailers in Lutz
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports nearly 3,000 commercial vehicle accidents in Hillsborough County each year. These often involve tractor-trailers. Otherwise known as a semi-truck, it has two parts-the truck cab where the driver sits, and a trailer connected by a metal bar that extends out from the back.
Tractor-trailers represent nearly a third of all commercial vehicles on the road and can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds while measuring up to 70 feet long. Unfortunately, this makes them harder to navigate. It also creates hazards for nearby motorists. Considering our proximity to Interstate 275 and other major trucking routes, tractor-trailer accidents in Lutz are a serious risk for residents.
What Are The Leading Causes Of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Lutz?
The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that nearly 5,000 people are killed each year in truck accidents, many of which involve tractor-trailers. These can often be traced to negligence on the part of the trucker, the trucking company, or others involved. Among the leading causes of tractor-trailer accidents in Lutz:
- Distracted driving: CB radios, maps, and food or drinks create serious distractions for truckers and increase the odds of a crash.
- Driving under the influence: Truckers spend long hours on the road and may use recreational or pharmaceutical drugs to stay awake. Drunk driving is also a major concern.
- Drowsy driving: This is one of the most common causes of truck accidents. Missing even a few hours of sleep has the same impact as driving impaired.
- Failing to follow traffic rules and regulations: Running red lights or stop signs and speeding are common among truckers and put other motorists in danger.
- Failing to yield and other aggressive driving behaviors: Not yielding at highway exits or entrances, tailgating, improper passing, and other types of aggressive actions increase truck accident risks.
- Mechanical failures: Defective truck parts and not providing routine maintenance are common contributing factors in Lutz tractor-trailer crashes.
- Overscheduling, not providing proper training, and other reckless behavior: Trucking companies can be held liable for their role in causing truck accidents.
Injured In A Truck Accident In Lutz? Contact Florin Gray.
The leading cause of tractor-trailer accidents is ultimately negligence on the part of the truck driver, the trucking company, or others involved. If you are injured, do not delay. To request a free initial consultation, contact our experienced Lutz truck accident lawyer at Florin Gray today.